Old January 15th 05, 06:25 PM
dylan

2) Which kind of Athlon have hyperthred. and can be used for a dual
setup?(I remember last time -few years ago-I've checked AMD-MP was good
for SMP)

3) What motherboard would you recomend for a dual core setup based on
Pentium / or AMD. I hint for such SMP 2CPUs motherboard brand at
around 200$.

4) Can anyone estimate how much might cost me such a set-up? The
set-up would bassically consist of:
-2 CPUs either on AMD or Pentium
-1 dual CPU motherboard.
-2x512Mb DDRAM
-1Gbit Enthernet card

-other stuff I already have it like old GF2MX video card, 80Gb HDD,
CD-RW unit, maybe a floppy, case, case fun.

5) Basically what is the best combination: 2CPUs on a 1 dualCPU
motherboard I can get ot today from the point of view of performance /
price?

I've only come across one AMD dual motherboard, I haven't used one, it uses
socket A processors
http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/comp...quicklinx=37GK