Old January 15th 05, 05:51 PM
BillL

"Skeleton Man" wrote in message
I plan to build a dual CPU computer. I haven't followed what's new on
harware stuff from the (old) times of PIII or AMD1.0-1.2 GHz.

I have a couple of question to start with:

1) Is it OK to build a dual CPU computer based on Pentium 4 rather
than Xeon?

To my knowledge there is no such thing as dual P4 (they simply don't make
dual
cpu boards)... only Xeon..

Regards,
Chris

2) Which kind of Athlon have hyperthred. and can be used for a dual
setup?(I remember last time -few years ago-I've checked AMD-MP was good
for SMP)

AMD don't do HT CPU's - that's an Intel inovation. I think the Opteron CPU's
are designed to be used in Dual/Multiple processor systems?

BillL