Old April 23rd 04, 10:59 AM
Dimitris

Orange Barrel wrote in message ...
The system temperature on my computer is always higher than the CPU
temperature. For example, the current CPU temp is 41.1C, while the system
temp is 47C. The relative difference remains constant even under load.

From a thermodynamic standpoint, is that even possible?

I think it is possible , rather very logical i would say from a
thermodynamic and fluiddynamic point of view. That is because the
processor has larger fan and it dissipates the heat away, but the hot
air goes and stays around the system chip(northbridge) which has much
smaller fan, and it is very near to the proccesor. Mine temperatures
are about the same, and yes many times the system temperature can be
up to 4-5 degrees higher(i have seen 48C CPU and 53 System after alot
of gaming.)

You dont have to worry about temperatures if they dont go much higher
than 50C under load always. Of course the summer season you should add
7-10C unless you have good air condition.