Old December 8th 04, 01:13 AM
Homer

Did you load the motherboard drivers from the CD that enables the 8x AGP?

Homer

"shmortz" wrote in message
om...
I have an 8X AGP motherboard, and radeon 9600xt which is 8x AGP.
Problem is that what ever I do I cant get my system to work in 8X. I
have checked my bios and *X is enabled, howere in ati control panel
(smartgart) agp is listed as off, I have tested my machine performance
with 3dmark05 and the score that I get compares to similar processor
and same graphics card to me running at 4x agp. Also my analyis for
3dmark05 tells me that i have only got 4x enabled. I have tried
everything, engineer has even changed my grpahics card, but my machine
is still telling me that it is only 4x agp. Has anyone any experience
of this, is it possible that the problem is with my motherbaord? Any
suggestions on how I could sort it out, I want to play half life 2 to
best of my machine ability

Many thanks