Old February 20th 05, 12:26 PM
Jeff Gaines

On 20/02/2005 Bobby wrote:

I want to upgrade the memory on my wife's laptop (Samsung V25) from
256Mb to 512Mb.

I think that it uses SODIMM 133, non-parity memory? Is that correct?
Is that simply "laptop 133 memory"? Do I need to buy Samsung memory
or will generic stuff work?

Has anyone upgraded this laptop? Is it straight-forward? Is there a
website I could refer to to help me carry out the upgrade?

If you go to www.crucial.com/uk there is an excellent memory finder
that you can put the make/model of laptop in and it will tell you which
memory is guaranteed to work. Their servie is excellent as well.

I haven't done a memory u/g on this model but I have on a generic (FIC)
laptop, it involved unscrewing a small flap on the underside and just
slotting the memory in.

--
Jeff Gaines