Old December 25th 03, 07:47 PM
Mark A

"Jack McKenzie" wrote in message
om...
Looking at a reference card all the Purple cap are Sanyo marked 510/4

105c
3a no other values given I hope this helps
Jack

I think he is talking about the cap in the upper right hand corner. It is
aluminum with a small purple marking on top. It is different than the

other
purple caps on the board.

Sanyo has three capacitors that look like the C2267.
http://www.secc.co.jp/retri_e/os_smd_index_e.html

There is a Sanyo conductive polymer type capacitor 16SVP82M which has
capacitance of 82 uF and 16V that has the same purple markings as the photo.
This assumes that three letters say SVP or something close (can't tell for
certain from the photo). I believe that the number on top is the
manufacturing lot number, which is not important for your application:
http://www.saga-sanyo.co.jp/test/cgi...ode.cgi?id=SVP

There are also two other Sanyo capacitors with similar markings and with 82
uF and voltage rating of 16 V:

The first is the 16SVQP82M (which appear to have a 2-letter SP markings on
top). This unit has a higher heat rating.
http://www.saga-sanyo.co.jp/test/cgi...de.cgi?id=SVQP

The second is the 16SVPA82MAA (which appear to have either the 4-letter SVPA
or 2-letter SA markings on the top). This has a large ripple current.
http://www.saga-sanyo.co.jp/test/cgi...de.cgi?id=SVPA

There is not a big difference in the three version other than heat rating
and ripple current rating. But I would go with the 16SVP82M. Probably any
conductive polymer type capacitor with 82uF and 16V rating would work OK if
you cant find the Sanyo. Capacitors are not proprietary like IC chips.