Old December 25th 03, 06:22 PM
Jack McKenzie

Looking at a reference card all the Purple cap are Sanyo marked 510/4 105c
3a no other values given I hope this helps
Jack

"Erwin Dokter" wrote in message
om...
Any electronic wizards out here?

I got a trashed unbranded (probably Chaintec) nVidia ti4200, which is
missing a capacitor. Believe it or not, the card is still running, but
in Windows, the screen is all messed up (vertical stripes and
corruption). I hope this is due to the missing capacitor, which could
well cause underpowered memory chips.

The card is a reference design. However, I have been unable to
determin the value; it's the only one on the board. Here is a picture
of a similair card. The value I'm after is that of the purple
aluminium electrolytic capacitor on the top right hand of the card
(C2267). This is the only pic I could find, and I can't read it

http://www.dantes-inferno.net/resour...y/grafik-1.JPG

If anyone knows what value it has, or has a suggestions for
alternative parts, please let me know.

-- Erwin Dokter