Old December 25th 03, 03:43 AM
Mark A

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message
What is listed on the capacitor is not the value or at least not in

the
way it usually is listed. It is also tough to read in the picture. Your

better
off typing what is there.

To me it's a part number for a certain value capacitor. I also think you

could
put in a larger value capacitor and be OK. You don't know what value it

is, but
usually the capacitor size for an electrolytic is related to its value.

The
dielectric can be different though and its rated voltage.

The C2267 is just an internal number used by the factory that corresponds to
a schematic and circuit board. I think the poster knows that is not the
value of the capacitor. This is usually listed on the circuit board, not on
the capacitor itself.

Almost always, you can use a higher voltage capacitor with no problem, but
it is not good to vary the capacitance value from the original design.

My understanding is that the guy does not have the board in the picture with
the good capacitor, he only has the pic. Someone who has that card should be
able to read the specs on the capacitor itself.

I see what looks like 82 and 16 on the capacitor. Looking at my Digi-Key
Catalog, I see that 16 volts is a common voltage rating for electrolytic
capacitors, and 82 uF is one of the common capacitance ratings (although
there are also some at 8.2 uF). You might try a Panasonic HFQ Series
Radial-Lead Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor with the above rating.

Here is section of the catalog I looked at:
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T033/SectE.pdf