Old June 3rd 04, 04:02 PM
JH

Default A7V8X-X - Flash failed, killed my BIOS... :(

Tried updating my A7V8X-X BIOS to 1010 the other day. Flash failed
when it was trying to verify the new BIOS, and now all I get is a
rapid "clicking" noise through the speaker when I turn the system on.
No POST.

Wondering if anyone has an idea of how I might be able to recover this
thing. I'm assuming that since I'm getting the noise through the
speaker, that the BIOS isn't totally hosed. I just want to find out
what I can try to get the thing going again, or if I should just screw
it and get a new BIOS from badflash.com.

I tried contacting ASUS, but apparently they take forever to answer
inquiries.

Thanks.