Old March 29th 10, 05:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

Default First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 28.03.2010 21:16, * Peter Dassow:

So just buy 3 and an ATI card. What's the problem ? If your decision is
for ATI, fine. I will go with nVidia for another reason: Because I made
negative expirience with so many Catalyst driver versions I can't count.

I have several PCs here, some with ATI cards and some with Nvidia cards,
and the Catalyst drivers, and the Catalyst drivers are generally not
more troublesome than their Nvidia pedants. I don't know with what card
and what drivers you had problems with but it is very likely that the
real problem was within something else in your hard- or software. Yes,
ATI had some really awful drivers for their Rage series of cards, but
that was over a decade ago. The unified drivers for Radeons are really
good, and if that wouldn't be the case then for sure every review of ATI
gfx cards would mention how great this card is but unless the drivers
get better the card is useless. This isn't the case. Go figure.

BTW: my latest negative experience with Nvidia drivers wasn't too long
ago when they messed up with the 196.75. So no, even in Nvidia land not
everything is nice and perfect.

Ben