Old March 28th 10, 11:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

Default First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Am 28.03.2010 09:52, * Peter Dassow:

Not all users need 3 monitors (and you have to pay for 3 monitors also,
that's usually not a gift).
Also, GTX 470 and GTX480 scales a lot of better for DX11 titles.

Not really.

The only negative point is power consumption, nothing else.
See for a GTX470 review also he
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...480_sli_review

The conclusion doesn't seem to be as optimistic as you view:

"So, GF100 is here, and we’ve been playing new DX11 games on it for a
straight week, working ourselves through games such as Metro 2033 and
Bad Company 2 and Aliens vs. Predator. Our first impression with the
GeForce GTX 480 and GeForce GTX 470 is that nothing really wowed us in
our gaming experiences with the cards. The one thing that stood out in
our minds was, "We’ve already been here before," the Radeon HD 5870 and
Radeon HD 5850 have been giving us this same experience since last
year.....The GTX 480 is quite simply not a "Radeon HD 5870 Killer." We
don’t know if we were supposed to think it would be or not, but with the
power consumption this beast requires, you would hope it would be
providing a bit more performance than it is...."

And that two Geforce GTX 480 in SLI are faster than a Radeon 5970 (which
is basically a XFire setup of two Radeon 5850s) is hardly surprising,
and it would be highly embarrassing if this wouldn't be the case if you
look at the riddiculous price tag.

Ben