Old October 4th 04, 03:24 PM
Chip

"NightSky 421" wrote in message
"Chip" wrote in message

Utter nonsense. The X800 Pro is the same price (give or take) as the
6800GT. The 6800GT beats the X800Pro in most cases and beats it
significantly in Doom3. Moreoever, 99% of 6800GT's will run at 400MHz or
more. At that speed the 6800GT is much faster than the X800Pro.

Chip

As much as I hate nVidia's "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" program, I
have
to agree, as do a number of magazines. Although the X800 Pro is a good
card, it's difficult to recommend over a 6800GT at the same price.

I agree. I think the only "hope" if you must buy an X800 Pro is to buy the
Vivo version and to flash it to open up all 16 pipes. Then it gets more
interesting. But not everyone is happy flashing a new $300 card.

Chip