Old June 14th 19, 10:37 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Percival P. Cassidy

Default My latest Seagate HDD longevity report

On 6/4/19 8:33 PM, I wrote:

An ST2000DM001 that has clocked up a smidgeon under 5 years (3 years
longer than its warranty) of 24/7/365 operation in my FreeNAS machine
has just reported 2968 unreadable sectors.

It has been replaced by an ST2000DM006.

I forgot to mention that I think this drive came in a retail package as
an STBD2000101. Another of those bought at the same time and used in the
same machine is still running without errors.

That last-mentioned drive showed some errors, then within a couple of
days was no longer recognized. No data loss, thanks to RaidZ2. It's been
replaced by another STD2000DM006.

Perce