Old May 9th 08, 08:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Terry Pinnell

Default New PC with 8800GT - is my driver the latest?

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:
In Device Manager on this new XP Pro PC I see
Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 05/12/2007
Driver Version: 6.14.11.6921

That looks pretty recent, but just in case I chose 'Update Driver' and
enabled the option to let Windows search Windows Update. I was then
asked to insert the original Nvidia CD, and after a while the wizard
reported that nothing better could be found.

Is that correct please?

How is your system running, ok?

Thanks all, appreciate the fast and helpful advice. I'll stay with the
current driver then.

Although I do a lot of image editing and DVD making and use
graphics-intensive apps like Google Earth a lot, I'm not really into
gaming. However, yesterday I installed a birthday present from my son,
MS FSX, which I gather is amongst the most demanding. I'll get myself
a joystick and will soon find out ;-)

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK