Old September 30th 03, 10:09 AM
Morgan

I have an opinion about the reported temps and the bios with the A7n8X.
My thoughts are is that it is reporting way too low temps.
Having both the Asus and Abit revision 2 boards I am amazed at around 8 to
10c difference in the two reported temps with the same CPU in the same case
with the same hardware.
However with the Abit bios they admitted that one of the changes was to the
reported temperature as I remember many people complaining that their CPU
temps went up 8 or 10c and were very unhappy....!!! The fact that they
didn't go up one dot but only the temp reported had changed didn't seem to
make some people any happier.
With revision 17 bios in my Abit the temps were just like the Asus when I
flashed it to 18 the temps went up by as much as 10c.
For me I look at the temps now on the Asus and thing 37c for an idle temp -
yeah sure an XP 2.4 with a Vcore of 1.65 really is that cool on a crappy HSF
in a warm room, and a board temp of 19c...!!!!

--
Regards

Morgan