Old January 19th 08, 05:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Default Gigabyte P35-DS3P

"bornfree" wrote in message ...
On 19 Jan, 01:11, bornfree wrote:
On 19 Jan, 00:49, bornfree wrote:

Where is the ram frequency on this mobo bios? I am looking in the
M.I.T. section and can't see it at all.

Well I see it, but it is greyed out.

Ok nevermind. I'm a doofus. (apparently the way to overclock these
boards is by using the DRAM multi.)

I have an Intel E6300 (1.86Ghz stock) with my Gigabyte P35-DS3P. Can
anyone recommend a good starting overclock?

1.87GHz ;-)

Seriously, even though it's a different motherboard, read through
this info on bios settings, voltages etc:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...o-e6300_8.html

The cpu itself is a good overclocker, but you may run into other
limiting factors far short of what it's capable of.