Old July 26th 07, 05:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
VinceV

Default Proliant 2500 BIOS/utilities?

On Jul 19, 10:05 pm, Huub "v.niekerk at hccnet.nl" wrote:

I want to install Slackware Linux 12 on a Proliant 2500 with a
raidcontroller/3 disks, but when I try to access F10 - System Partition
Utilities, it says "no operating system found". I've tried searching for
the right SP, but don't know exactly which one I should have.
I've also tried to boot straight from Slackware CD, bit neither cfdisk
nor fdisk can access a /dev/md.. drive.

The gotcha with the SMART Raid controllers...

I remembered the memory gotcha but totally forgot about the cpqarray
driver gotcha. The naming convention for the devices is a bit fuzzy
with that driver as the same disk device is recognized by different
names at different stages.

You can see how this is outlined he
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t...mart+2500.html

For an example look at the device names in Step 2 and Step 5
Step 2: Partioning
"/dev/sda" = /dev/ida/c0d0/disc
"/dev/sda1" = /dev/ida/c0d0/part1
"/dev/sda2" = /dev/ida/c0d0/part2
"/dev/sdb1" = /dev/ida/c0d1/part1
....etc.

Step 5: fstab
/dev/ida/disc0/part1 /boot ext3 noauto,noatime 1
2
/dev/ida/disc0/part3 / ext3 noatime 0 1
/dev/ida/disc0/part2 none swap sw 0 0

There are similar differences configuring the boot loader (grub) too.

VinceV