Old June 16th 17, 02:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default wich one is better or faster?

Cyberpoof wrote:
hi, the dual core is a E2200 cpu and the Pentium4 is a 0f43 type with 64
bit-instruction set.
i use now the dual core with windows 10 and if i change it for the P4
would windows 10 be faster or slower?
greetings

As per other post, P4 is slightly slower.

The E2200 has 1.5x IPC of a P4, core for core.
And that's on integer code.

Continue to use your E2200.

*******

Intel processors aren't too sensitive on the amount
of cache. The only time I notice a difference, is when
comparing a 6MB cache to a 2MB cache and doing 7ZIP .7z
compression runs. The extra cache helps on those.
The E2200 has a puny cache, but I don't think that
really matters. The P4 can't really have a large cache
either (but that's a technology limit at the time).

Paul