Old April 26th 08, 03:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

Default Hibernate and suspend simply not supported on GA-K8N Pro?

Under Power Management in the BIOS (I have the latest BIOS loaded, F14),
I can choose S1 or S3 type suspend. I set the power button to require 4+
second press to turn off, otherwise go into the selected suspend mode.

However, in Windows XP, Control Panel, Power Options, there's no mention
of suspend. I'm only given the option of powering off immediately when
pressing the power button or do nothing or being asked what to do. When
asked, I can only Turn Off or Restart. Standby is greyed out. Why is it
greyed out? Windows help says the options in Power Options will reflect
what's supported by the motherboard, i.e. the BIOS. I don't see a
setting in the BIOS to enable it. It's already set up in BIOS.

Dan