Old October 15th 04, 02:47 PM
Wayne

not sure why you would not use an external modem and then Ethernet back to
your PC I would think you could have the same problems of compatibility as
some folks who use USB Ethernet adapters? Also a surge on the line goes
right into the heart of your computer.

Is there a compelling reason not to use an external modem connected by
Ethernet cable? You also do not have the ability to use a wireless router to
expand your network or add computers or am I missing something?

Wayne

"DavidM" use newsgroup only @itiseasier. thatway wrote in message
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a PCI ADSL Modem for my GA-8hixp motherboard.
Anyone got any experience in this field I am being warned about IRQ
conflicts, Creative sound conflicts and general dropping of connection
problems. Anyone got any good news :-)). I use Windows Home SP2. I
use the onboard sound, and I do not have anything else in my PCI slots.

Thanks for any help