Old September 16th 04, 07:57 PM
W Shumaker

I was changing the processor on my Mboard and seem to have
bent some of the socket connectors. Is it possible to disassemble
the socket without removing the zif socket from the mboard?
If I could just remove the top sliding assembly...

For those of you using the Artic Silver heat sink paste, it
sticks really well and care should be exercised when removing
the heat sink. I wanted to test a new processor and managed to
pull the P4 out of the zif socket when trying to separate the heat
sink from the processor. Putting a new processor in, and closing
the lever seems to have bent some of the internal connectors.
(one of those late night things I shold have waited til morning.)

\A/yne