Old September 19th 09, 04:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Mikel Sunova

Default ASUS EAH4850

"Matti Wartiainen" wrote in message
"Man-wai Chang to The Door (+MS=32B)" wrote:
Mikel Sunova wrote:
ALso, there seems to be an issue with these boards running hot. Anyone?

Yes, the original Asus 4850 with single-slot heatsink fan is really hot.

Is your Asus 4850 of a newer design with dual-slot heatsink fan?
You might want to tell us the temperature you are getting!

I got Asus HD4850, it has Asus's own "Glaciator"-cooler. It is quite
loud at default 50% fanspeed, but i noticed that fan-noise is reasonable
level at 24% setting and still card stays at 57 degrees celsius at idle
and 88 degrees celsius at heavy load (with milkyway@home)

Hi Matti,
Yes, the card I ordered has the Glaciator cooler, so perhaps the heat issues
I've read about are corrected. Are you controlling the fan speed via Asus
software? If so, what is your opinion of the software provided with the
card?

Thanks,
Mikel