Old October 5th 03, 06:47 PM
Shepİ

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:36:50 +0100, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Jane Tweedynn"
wrote :

I have a three year old PC PIII 500, 64MB with Voodoo 3 16MB card.

Computer works perfectly fine and always has. I recently purchased a
Firewire & USB combo card which when i put in any of the 5 free pci slots
and power on the computer, instantly beeps 1 long and 2 short. Although the
computers hard drive turns for a while i have no video output.

When the card is out, the computer works fine, when the card is in the
computer beeps.

I know the card is seated correctly and i have tried the card in another pc
and it works fine.

I was about to send card back, after all the card does not work in my pc.

Is this possible? Can some cards not work in some pc's? Surely if this is
the case the manufacturer should state this?

If this is not possible, then the only thing i can change to make it work is
the bios. I have no problem changing options, i can always do a restore.
Trouble is i don't know what to change.

Anyone with any ideas before i admit defeat and return the card.

Check the board maker's site for a BIOS update?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in jmx to reply