Old August 7th 04, 12:03 PM
Andy Lawson

Default SODIMM part number decode.

Hi all,

I recently purchased what I thought was a 128Mb PC100 SODIMM. I have one
laptop which takes PC100 SODIMMs, and one which takes PC133s - this
modules works in neither laptop.

So, I'm left trying to track down the partcode, and determine whether
this is faulty, or just a different module.

The numbering on each chip reads:

SEC KOREA 852
KM416S8030T-GL
VZK141CB

Which I've traced back to Samsung, and looked at the Samsun decoder page
he

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...amdimm_new.jsp

It seems the last two characters of the long part code should tell me
what the speed is - but there is no GL defined on the above page.

Anybody got any ideas?

Cheers!

--
Andy Lawson )
"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has