Old July 9th 04, 07:45 PM
Ben Pope

Andrew wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:08:45 +0100, "Ben Pope"
wrote:

The Voodoo solution is entirely symmetrical, with each card performing
half the scan lines, hence double the speed.

V2 SLI wasn't twice the speed of a single card, 10-50% speed boost was
more usual, or having the ability to do 1024x768.

Is that from a technology standpoint or is it due to the CPU being the
limiting factor?

"This shows that even a Pentium II 300 is not able feeding the Voodoo2 with
enough data at 640x480. It requires a CPU that's significantly faster than
this one."
- http://graphics.tomshardware.com/gra...204/index.html

Whats the fastest CPU anybody has used to bench a Voodoo2 SLI rig?

Had a little look, but not found a site that compares a V2 SLI with a V2 on
a fast (1GHz or so) CPU.

My impression was that at the time, games were fill-rate (or CPU) limited,
and that the SLI would double fill-rate.

Ben