Old February 2nd 04, 10:43 PM
Duncan, Eric A.

Bob Alexander wrote in message news:A75F89790263AB40AB2710A48E92461A02CD7A2E@exp f1.sauder.com...
Just a note about this. We bought a Compaq server last year with dual
P4 2.8 ghz processors. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that
they were hyperthreaded, but we had to load W2k server to use everything
there plus the 2 GB of ram...

Yep, 4 CPUs will do that (force you to use an operating system that
can use 4 CPUs). But one point above being Windows XP supposily
supports HT. So that begs the question, does XP support dual CPUs
with HT on? There's been a post here and there of someone claiming
they saw 4 CPUs in Window XP's Performance tab (task manager).

I guess I'll find out soon enough (with 2nd CPU).

Eric