Old July 1st 03, 01:41 AM
Cliff

I was just reading the manual for this board...you can't connect ATAPI
devices to the RAID connectors (pg 2-27).

Not too many options
- put HD on Primary RAID and DVD-ROM on Primary IDE.
- run DVD as slave to HD (not really recommended)
- turf an optical drive...probably not what you want to achieve
- get an IDE card that supports ATAPI...good luck...I read they can be a bit
quirky.

Cheers, Cliff

"D. Vujaklija" wrote in message
On P4P800 dlx mobo I want to connect dvd-rom on third IDE chanel
(primary raid connector).
Why?
?Cause I have on 1. IDE chanel my HD drive as master and on 2. IDE
chanel I have CDRW Plextor as master and DVDRW Pioneer as slave.
AFAIK it not god to have on same IDE chanel HD drive and CDROM so I want
to use third IDE chanel.
Problem is that mobo doesnt detect device on third IDE connector.
RAID controler is disabled in BIOS.
Any suggestions?
--
dV