Old April 4th 04, 07:21 PM
S.Heenan

philo wrote:
Don't need to over clock...just looking for something that's very
stable... the specs and price look fine for the ABIT. I'm sure if the
board is good for overclockers...it will be quite stable if not
overclocked.

Overclocked or not, it's fast and stable.

One reason to stick with brand name boards is the online
availability of drivers, BIOS updates, and general info. Try to find
info on a PC Chips board made a few years ago and you'll see what I
mean.

I certainly know better than to go with a PC Chips board...
and even though I know ASUS is a very highly rated mfg... I've had a
few problems with some ASUS boards and wanted to try another
premium quality mfg. Most of the time, when I'm building a machine...
the person I'm building for merely wants a cheap one...

Pay good, get good. It's that simple.

I can usually talk people into a better quality motherboard and power
supply. They grumble at a few bucks before hand, but almost never after
they've had the machine a while.