Old April 4th 04, 06:26 PM
philo

thanks for the reply!

the matsonic board had good reviews...but *very few*

of the three links you posted that ABIT nforce looks like a real good
one...

All three are great boards, under $80USD. The Abit is slightly better at
overclocking, if that's a criterion.

Don't need to over clock...just looking for something that's very stable...
the specs and price look fine for the ABIT. I'm sure if the board is good
for overclockers...it will be quite stable if not overclocked.

One reason to stick with brand name boards is the online availability of
drivers, BIOS updates, and general info. Try to find info on a PC Chips
board made a few years ago and you'll see what I mean.

I certainly know better than to go with a PC Chips board...
and even though I know ASUS is a very highly rated mfg... I've had a few
problems with some ASUS boards and wanted to try another
premium quality mfg. Most of the time, when I'm building a machine...
the person I'm building for merely wants a cheap one...

philo