Old September 26th 04, 08:23 PM
888

"Paul Wickham" wrote in message
Can one tell me what the multiplier fsb and voltages etc should be for a
AMD 64 3200 on a gigabyte GA-K8VT800 bios F7 using DDR400 if i set them
manually though i thought the multiplier was locked? I am not convinced
the bios is recognising it correctly. CPUID obviously recognises the speed
to be 2057 mhz correctly but if i play with EasyTune 4 or EasyTune 5 it
gives me a speed of 1005.02mhz with a system bus of 200 and a dram of 400
in linear mode or a speed of 1850.50 in divider mode also multiplier seems
to vary between 5.9 x or 11 x so I am totally lost so which is correct

My cousin just built his A64 recently and he said at idle it's 55C and full
load at 70C. From a A32 point of view that range is totally unacceptable!!!
I warned my cousin about that but he insists that these are normal
(according to the manual; and that his system is still beating the sh#t out
of Doom 3).

Could anyone verify that the mentioned temperature range is *normal* for an
A64?

Thanks!