Old April 13th 08, 05:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Lowast cost printer to operate

glathrem wrote:

And canon is even more economical if you don't use their $3000 a gallon ink!

Dumb Dee Dumb Dumb.  If you do not use Canon ink it is no longer a designed Canon printer.

**** update on the dollar store ink..... Still using it and still happy with it!

And what is a pig happy in.

I did have a problem with some super super glossy paper (that's right measelnitwit, I don't use canon's overpriced paper either) the ink did not adhere well. Tried dad's gunuine canon ink on the same paper with the same results! So I concede some cheap paper will cause problems. SOME. I have other non canon paper that is simply beautiful with my non canon ink. I will put my photo prints next to anyone's genuine canon paper and ink and mine will sell just as well. "Stryker" wrote in message ...

"measekite"
wrote in message ...

Bob Headrick wrote:

"Jack Black"
wrote in message ...

What all-in-one printer has the lowest operating costs when ink costs and production is considered?

To give any reasonable answer will require more information: 1. What are you printing - B&W only, color, photo's? 2. How many pages printed per day? A printer designed for high usage may cost 2-3x more to operate at a low duty cycle due to servicing overhead. Regards, Bob Headrick

I said Canon. The HP employee has a different opinion. And if you need tech support it is a no brainer.

OMG... I hate to admit it... but I agree with measekite on this one... Canon seems to be the most economical printer of the bunch... with Epson at second... followed by HP and Lexmark. Stryker