Old September 18th 04, 10:18 AM
Kilgore Trout Jr

This new BIOS has cured a problem I was having with a new CD drive. If I
left a disk in the drive when I went to S3 standby, the drive would not
function when I woke up the machine. The drive light would blink
continuously, I couldn't eject the tray with the front panel button, and the
drive icon would disappear from My Computer. A re-boot was required to
restore things to normal. I assumed this was a firmware problem with the
Asus drive, but the new FJ BIOS has provided a cure. Machine seems to be
running better than ever!

"Richard Dower" wrote in message
I've had a chance now to check out the latest FJ BIOS, they rock!!!!

No SATA boot delay issue...everything is working perfect, it's just like
FH, but more recent. The date displayed during bootup is September 10th
2004.

In fact, and it might be my imagination, i think the boot time is a little
quicker using FJ. Overall i am most pleased and Gigabyte have resolved the
bug i reported.