Old October 25th 07, 02:40 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default Need a box for SATA hard drives

just bob kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

I've been putting single drives in a USB or firewaire unit for a long time. These boxes are cheap, like $30, right? So
I want to find me a box I can stick four disks in for say $100.

Do you have any suggestions for vendors?

Nope, I just use what turns up on ebay etc.

If I didn't build it myself.... I've been looking at the Buffalo Quattro External TB unit at $800 But I should be
able to build my own for less. Do you agree?

Yes, but the dedicated boxes with say an
esata connection cost a lot less than that.

Building your own does give you a lot more flexibility
tho and doesnt necessarily cost much if anything if
you use obsolete hardware that isnt going to be used.