Old September 5th 04, 03:16 PM
Bob Davis

"MarcusMD" wrote in message
news:7RHZc.233103$Oi.156045@fed1read04...

It must be a quirk in my board. So that fix is easy enough, but, I have
also hit F6 like a boogie woogie player to load the Intel chipset drivers
or
setup will not see the SATA drive.

Marcus, I have the same board with f10 bios and am having no trouble at all
with SP2, so far, which was installed last night. I even managed to get rid
of the Security Center icon on the tray, as I like to keep tray items to a
minimum.

I asked Gigabyte about this problem and they replied..."don't use SP2, use
SP1".

What an incredibly stupid and uninformed answer from Gigabyte! I suppose
this is in line with many OEM's that try to blame everybody else for
problems, regardless of the veracity of such claims. Are we expected to
keep SP1 on our computers forever? Besides, Windows Update may not provide
future security updates without SP2 on the system.