Old September 2nd 04, 05:26 PM
MarcusMD

Ok. I had F6 also, and went to F10 to see if that would fix the problem.
It didn't. Here's my problem: After a clean install of XP Pro with SP2
slipstreamed, the PC will not powerdown...windows shuts down ok but
the power supply keeps running. The screen is black. When I look in dev
manager there are no references of any kind to ACPI (normally under
System). ACPI = Advanced Configuration & Power Interface.

If I reformatand reinstall, and hit F5 when it says hit F6, then select "Multi-
processor ACPI", all is well; there are ACPI entries in device manager and
it powers down okay. [The F5 thing is to manually select ACPI when
XP doesn't properly recognize the mobo as being ACPI compliant.]

It must be a quirk in my board. So that fix is easy enough, but, I have to
also hit F6 like a boogie woogie player to load the Intel chipset drivers or
setup will not see the SATA drive. I asked Gigabyte about this problem
and they replied..."don't use SP2, use SP1".

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:31:02 -0700, "MarcusMD"
waffled on about something:

Anyone with Windows SP2 and a powerdown problem?

"Dodgy" wrote in message
Nope, shutdown continues to works fine for me with XP SP2. I'm running
a rather old rev 6 (something beta) bios.