Old July 5th 07, 05:22 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
just bob

Default LTO3 vs DLT-S4? (Magnum 224 vs a SuperLoader3)?

"markm75" wrote in message
oups.com...

So the 472 MB/min is your server, across network, to backup
workstation speed? Thats only about 8 MB/sec.. and it actually sounds
very similar to the numbers I was getting with Symantec for that part.

Yep, that's it.

How fast is the disk to tape going (anywhere near 80 MB/sec as they
specs say for LTO3?)

My report shows our fastest disk to tape transfer was 4,021.60 MB/min and
our average for 317,709.68 MB was 2,823.22 MB/min. Brightstor creates a
disk "session" for each of the seven servers it backs up and most were in
the 3,200 MB/min range but for some reason a couple of them were only 2,000
MN/min so it lowered the average.