Old September 9th 03, 04:05 AM
spodosaurus

Norm wrote:
Ron, if you have it installed as a slave (no jumpers) and the bios says it's
10 gb then it would appear that it is a 10gb drive and you got screwed.

Unless the BIOS cannot detect larger drives. In which case he needs a
BIOS update or a drive overlay. Your comment about jumpers is a good
one and he should check that the drive does not permit jumpering to a
smaller size which could be (however unlikely) contributing to the problem.

I've installed 3 20gb Maxtors and quite a few larger ones, never had any
problems with them. I can't imagine anything that you could do that would
change what the bios sees it as and that is what really matters.

"Ron" wrote in message

When auto-detecting the BIOS always reports 10 GB. I can manually enter

whatever I want but I never get more than 10 GB.

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying