Old December 2nd 04, 03:57 AM
Alan Walpool

Had a similiar problem twice. Turned out to be a bad power supply in
both cases. However, as others have mentioned make sure your system is
not overheating also.

Good luck.

"Robert" == Robert S writes:

Robert I have a machine with a GA-K8N motherboard and AMD-64 3000+
Robert processor, running as a unattended server. Over the last
Robert couple of weeks it has unexpectedly powered down, always in
Robert the middle of the afternoon. There have been no messages in
Robert the system log.

Robert I bought it at the local computer fair - which always makes
Robert one suspect the quality of the components.

Robert Its just getting into the Aussie summer and we've had a bit
Robert of a heatwave and I wonder if it is related to overheating of
Robert either the CPU or the motherboard. The internal fans seem to
Robert be working OK.

Robert Are there heating issues with this motherboard or processor?

Robert If there is no resolution I might be forced to replace the
Robert CPU or the motherboard on spec. Would it be a good bet that
Robert the problem's with the motherboard, or should I replace the
Robert AMD fan with a third party one?

Robert TIA.