Old June 15th 14, 05:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default Problem Starting New H-P 8250 PHotosmart

Hi,
Running Windows, I have been using H-P 8250 printers for years,as
their 6 ink cartridge setup gives me beautiful colors in photographs. I
just tried to use a brand new boxed 8250 which I kept in reserve for a
year or so. I get an error message on its screen:
"Wrong cartridges installed. Use the introductory cartridges that were
shipped with your printer." Inasmuch as this was an open box item, the
seller apparently included standard H-P cartridges, not the introductory
type.

The printer will not print, but keeps on displaying the error message. I
called H-P support per telephone,but they were less than helpful, just
spouting generalized platitudes. They tried very hard to sell me a new
printer, which I do not want.

Does anyone know how I can get this computer to work? I would greatly
appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Mort Linder