Old April 17th 04, 10:41 PM
Gaffer

"baskitcaise" wrote in message
Gaffer wrote:

Something else I've noticed, I'm not sure if it's related, but if I
restart my PC (Start/Shut down/Restart/) then sometimes my PC does come
back on. The
PC stays ON but my monitor goes off and to get it started I need to

press
the reset button on my computer to get it to load up my OS. Is this
because my PC isn't picking up my graphics card? This never happens if I
just switch on my computer when it's off.

Overheating graphics card?

Is it full of dust bunnies or the fan not working?

Or try and reseat the card it may be walking out of the slot, you could

also
clean the contacts with a pencil eraser and a little bit of lint free

cloth
with non oil based cleaning fluid ( isopropyl ? )

Sorry for asking, but what are the contacts - what do they look like? The
fan is working and I just cleaned it too!

_____
Gaffer