Old July 23rd 03, 08:14 AM
MICHAEL

Default 5000 series Power supply

No,it all depends on the processor and equipment installed,though most seem
terribly underpowered.My 5423US is a Pentium 4 model,and only has a 235
watt psu,barely enough to do the job.Since most decent graphics cards
require at least 300 watts these days,you'll probably need a bigger unit,if
you're fortunate enough not to have gotten a model with a proprietary power
supply like mine does.
"Agent83" wrote in message
I have a pasario 5410CA and I was trying to upgrage the graphics card
when someone mentioned I should check to see what Watt the power
supply was. I checked and it says 146 W on the power supply. That
would mean that if I have enough power then it is barely enough. Yet a
pasario 5430 at the office has a graphics card and a DVD player that
mine does not have. Did Compaq actually put that small of a power
supply in these computers and did all the 5000 series pasarios not
have the same power supply.