Old January 19th 04, 02:26 PM
Halfgaar

Ralph Mowery wrote:

You are about 10 years in the past with the low level format. What is
sometimes referred to as a low level format is not your dad's LLF as the
old
comercial said. The LLF where the sec,cyl and tracks are formed is done
at at the factory and can not normally be changed by any software that is
out. The old MFM type drives were the ones that you really did a LLF on
your computer.

I know of someone who was able to low-level format a 20 gb (or so) drive
with a Maxtor tool. I'm not sure about the 20 gb, but it wasn't a 10 year
old drive. I know that low-level format is done at the factory, but I
believe you can do it yourself with tools as well.

--
To send me, Halfgaar, email, remove remove from my email address.