Old April 6th 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Default It's alive!!! (and not)

As a last ditch effort, I decided to completely repeat all troubleshooting
steps on my GX620. I pulled everything out -- memory, hard drive, DVD
burner. No keyboard, no mouse, no LAN.

Nothing.

I then took a known good DIMM and tried it (by itself) in each memory
socket.

Surprise, surprise, in socket 3 or 4, the machine booted. I know I tried
this before and it didn't boot, but perhaps I was confused.

So, I moved the two DIMMs to 3 and 4 and it is alive. I can live without 1
and 2, since I only need 1Gb in this machine.

Weird, but happy.

oops, before I could even send this, it died again. Third boot. Lights 3 &
4.

Wonder what could cause an intermittent problem?