Old April 1st 14, 11:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
R. Mark Clayton

Default GA-78LMT-USB3, no USB3

"John" wrote in message
A friend has a system based on a GA-78LMT-USB3 (mobo rev 5.0) and
can't get any of his USB3 ports to work. The USB2s are fine, but the
USB3s, both on the front panel and the back panel, are not.

The ports have power -- when an MP3 player is plugged in, it charges.
But there is no data connectivity. The system (Windows 7, 64-bit)
can't see any device that he plugs in.

I checked the BIOS settings and USB3 is enabled. I tried to reinstall
the USB3 driver (D/L'd from the Gigabyte site) and the installation
failed, saying it could not find the hardware.

I'm thinking he has a hardware problem and he's going to have to
return the box and probably have the mobo replaced. But before he
does that, is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for any suggestions

Reply-to address is real

John

W7 does not have native support for USB3

You will probably need something actually USB3 plugged in to install
drivers.

Otherwise "upgrade" to W8.1