Old August 26th 08, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
root[_5_]

Default Vista - nvidia - clone mode bug

Mr.E Solved! wrote:

Simple? Nonsense, if you have to fight DRM to get your hardware to work,
then your OS isn't for you.

If it weren't for my job I'd be over on ubuntu by now.

Anyone who uses Vista this late in the game, with all the facts
available as to Vistas weaknesses and strengths deserves their headaches.

Don't agree. It's still early.

Vista is designed to thwart you, not aid you...once you get your head
wrapped around that concept, you begin to appreciate other user oriented
OSes all the more.

I agree. I've read the survey docs on content protection. It's not going
to get any better -- microsoft is organizationally retarded. The media
player UI is so badly designed I'm shocked any time I open it. The media
center UI is also really awful -- extremely uncomfortable navigation,
and the channel guide is wrong, incomplete channel info for my area.
They are only driving people to the alternatives. VLC and BeyondTV are 2
that I use, and they completely blow away what microsoft has. Microsoft
will continue to lock down the content pathways and I don't know how
long these programs will work. It's absurd to pay this much for an
operating system and not be able to set your resolution or play a dvd
right out of the box. I still haven't been able to play a dvd with media
player... I never use it on xp so the same will hold for vista.