Old December 14th 06, 10:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
eccohead

Default nView Destroying All My Icon Positions

You need to get WinTidy 2, do a google search for it. i got mine thru PC Mag

Will wrote:

Is there any option in nView to save icon positions, and if not is there a
third party utility that will save the icon positions so I can at least
recover later?

It is incredibly destructive to my work productivity for all of 100 icons to
get rearranged, and nView is doing this consistently any time I plug in my
second monitor.

nView doesn't do a good job of remember which monitor is primary, which
monitor holds the icons, etc, when I am plugging and unplugging the second
monitor between uses. The primary monitor is a 1920x1200 analog monitor
and the second monitor is a 37 inch Westinghouse LCD on a wall. Because
of nView's bad behavior, I usually use the second monitor unattached to the
system, and then re attach when I need to use the computer to drive a movie.
This in turn gets nView confused, it loses most of its settings, and then
scrambles all icons into a random pattern.

For such a rich application, it is amazing that they cannot get the basic
things right, and at very least not do destructive things.

--
Will