Old February 6th 05, 09:14 PM
fsda

"peter" wrote in
news:WieNd.1882$K54.1023@edtnps84:

Thanks for the reply.
I still ordered a new Western Digital.......with the newer more secure
connection cable thats supposed to fit the older drives as well.

I bought two of these cables, only to find out that this cable completely
blocks the SATA power connector of the drive. I.e. you can only use the
special Western Digital SATA cable if you are using a molex connector to
power the drive.

For me, this was not possible, as I have a new power supply with lots of
SATA power connectors and fewer molex connectors... I had to ditch the
special Western Digital cables and use the standard ones that came with my
A8N-SLI instead...