Old January 9th 13, 06:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Default Need Advice to Replace GeForce 7950GTOC With a DirectX11 NvidiaCard

Damaeus wrote:

The two I tested as best I could were
CoasterVille and FarmVille 2

The problem with the games, is how they're implemented.

http://support.zynga.com/article/coa...rements1-en_US

"Browser Version

Flash Version
Adobe Flash Player v.10.2 and up --- hardware accelerated version ?
--- hardware acceleration enabled ?
(Maybe accel is only for video)

Java Version
JAVA SE 6 and up
"

So it's a Java and Flash game, rather than DirectX.

It might be using 2D operations on the card, like BITBLT.
And I don't really know if either Java or Flash, have
assist from hardware or not.

It probably has some dependency on processor.

"AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5 GHz (AM3+)"

versus the old system

"Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32x
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+"
Probably 2.2GHz, 2 x 512KB L2 Cache

Chances are, your new setup for whatever reason, is
rendering everything via CPU. And the GPU is being
used as a dumb frame buffer. Otherwise, your new
hardware should have had some advantages.

They'd probably list all their cards, if they
thought about it. There do seem to be differences,
when for example, a card doesn't work properly with
Flash. They're not all created as equal as this page
would suggest.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/gpus_su...dobeflash.html

*******

If you want to benchmark, there's the 3DMark series.
This would be testing a really old version of Direct3D,
but I like it because it's a relatively small download.
(I have one other demo that is only 4MB, but it kinda
sucks as a test. Not enough graphics load.)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/3Dmark_d99.html

You should be able to do better than the following,
with either of your cards (44089 3DMark2001). Just click
the Benchmark button and let it run. I get in the low
200's of FPS for the Nature scene for example. The FPS
varies during the scene, from around 200, to a spike of
around 400. But the low end of 200's covers it.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3...mark2001se.gif

Also, when the MerryGoRound scene appears, I get a
bit of "coil noise" coming from either my video card
or the motherboard :-) Just for that sense of realism.
I guess.

Paul