Old January 9th 13, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Default Need Advice to Replace GeForce 7950GTOC With a DirectX11 NvidiaCard

Damaeus wrote:

Anyway, I've changed my setup again. I put the 7950 GT back in, and I'm
not powering the PC using my battery backup anymore.

Are you uninstalling and reinstalling the driver when changing cards ?

Steps I'd do if changing cards.

1) 7950 in place.
Go to Add/Remove.
Remove driver.
Shutdown.
2) Change cards.
Install the 650.
3) Start system.
System comes up in 800x600 and 16 colors.
Install a recent NVidia driver which supports 650.
Test.

And vice-versa when going back to the 7950. Give the
driver the chance to optimize settings for the newly
installed card.

HTH,
Paul