Old December 1st 05, 04:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

Default Can't use higher resolution with Topcon 10" monitor

Phil Weldon 寫道:

But what did you SEE at the shop? The signal may have been 800 X 600, but
the detail was considerably less.

I saw windows XP display setting telling the monitor was at 800x600, 32
bit color quality. The display resolution was clear better than
standard VGA mode.

What do you expect to use this monitor for? That information might help me
give a clearer explanation.

I reserved one PC for P2P downloading function so I don't need a high
end PC (PII PC). I don't need a high 1024x768 resolution screen. The PC
was old so its size (limited by main case size) couldn't be shrinked
but the monitor could. Actually now I have one 15" monitor shared by 2
old PCs but since I will move this P2P purpose PC to another location,
I need a separate monitor which size is expected as small as possible.

The display card used doesn't make a difference as long as the refresh rate
can be set low enough, and interlace can be selected. What you bought isa
very limited monitor completely unsuited for text display at 800 X 600. It
might be suitable for NTSC or PAL resolution, but 800 X 600 ditigal images
will be considerabally degraded.

Then how to explain what's seen in the shop ? What I saw told me it
could support 800x600 resolution without quality degrade. May be as you
said I need to go back the shop and clarify something. I'll do this
later.

Phil Weldon